Who doesn’t love a bowl full of steaming hot pasta after a long day ?
It’s no surprise to see that it’s probably cooked at least once in a week in many households. It’s no secret that I love pasta ; I try to make lots of different variations of pasta every chance I get.
But sometimes we want spice up our pasta and this recipe for tandoori pasta does exactly that and let me tell you it was a game changer. The pasta recipe packs a ton of flavor from fresh veggies and a hearty portion of tandoori powder. The flavour is just perfect and you can make it in 30 minutes or less. It looks so sophisticated that it is sure to earn you some compliments.
It is fairly easy and quick, perfect for any meal of the day. Feel free to add more veggies to it if you would like.
Warm…. Comforting…. Spicy…. Zesty Tandoori version that would be perfect for the cold weather here….
Category : Main Course
Cuisine : Fusion
Author : Jyo
Servings : 2
- 1 cup pasta, I used Fusilli pasta here
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 big tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small capsicum, diced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp tandoori masala powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 cup water
1. Boil pasta as per the instructions on the packet, add half a tsp of salt while boiling. Once cooked, drain of the water and keep aside. Heat up a pan, add oil, temper the cumin seeds. Add in the onions, ginger garlic paste and chopped chilli, cook till the onions are translucent. Now add tomatoes, capsicum, salt and sugar.
2. Cook until the tomatoes are mushy and add in the tandoori masala powder, red chilli powder, mix well. Now add boiled pasta, fresh cream, water and kasuri methi. Mix and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning and consistency if needed, then shut off the heat.
3. Serve hot with Cheesy Garlic Bread and some ketchup.
Other cheesy recipes on the blog :
Tips and Tweaks :
You can use brown rice pasta or red lentil pasta or whole wheat pasta to make this dish healthy and gluten free.
You can use any pasta you like or whichever is on hand. I used Fusilli pasta here.
You can also add more veggies like corn, coloured bell peppers or mushrooms.
I used Urban Platter’s Tandoori Masala powder for this recipe.
Adjust the seasoning and consistency according to your taste.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.
Are you making this recipe ? I love to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Jyospassions on Instagram with the hashtag #jyospassions .