Tiring day at office and looking for a quick and easy dish to make for dinner ?
Palak-Paneer Khichdi is an ideal one-dish meal for such a day. It is healthy, satisfying and stomach filling too. It’s a nice alternative to boring normal khichdi and is protein packed, also makes a balanced meal.
Made with everyday ingredients which are available in your pantry. It’s also good way to add spinach to the diet as spinach is rich in calcium.
I usually make it at home once in in 15 days for a one-meal dinner and my family hog it off without any complaint 😉.
Every household has their version of making Palak-Paneer Khichdi, but do try my version, I bet you’ll love it😁. You can serve this khichdi with papad, raita, pickle or some boondhi or can be eaten as it is. I prefer with pickle and papas on the side.
A nutritious heaven and a perfect wholesome meal…
- healthy, nutritious one-pot meal
- gets done under 30 minutes
- packed with protein
- easy to digest, which makes it a great meal for babies and elderly
- vegan and gluten-free
Category : Main Course
Cuisine : Indian
Author : Jyo
Servings : 4
INGREDIENTS : (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup split yellow moong dal
- 200 gms paneer, diced into small cubes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup palak puree
- 2 tbsp crushed kasuri methi
For tempering :
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 green chilli, chopped finely
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1. Wash rice and dal, pressure cook with 3 cups of water (or as required) and keep aside.
2. Heat oil or ghee in deep bottomed pan, temper cumin seeds, add ginger garlic paste, onions and chopped green chilli and saute until onions are translucent.
3. Stir in tomatoes, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, sugar and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
4. Now add cooked rice-dal, palak puree, salt, 1 cup water (nearly), kasuri methi and combine well.
5. Give a boil, adjust the consistency and add paneer cubes.
6. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes and remove from flame.
7. Serve with raita, papad, pickle or you can have it as it is.
Other khichdis on the blog….
I have used 1 cup of palak puree, you can add more or less according to your preference.
Adjust the quantity of spices accordingly.
Add little water when you reheat the khichdi as it becomes thick when cooled.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.