Ragi Khoya Laddu recipe is a fun variation on the typical Laddu. Laddus are one of the iconic treats served in India. They are quick and easy to make. Typically, you just combine roasted ragi flour, roasted khoya, powdered sugar, nuts and shape the dough into lemon-sized balls.
This recipe calls for ragi flour, khoya, ghee, nuts. Ragi flour has high protein, fiber, calcium that helps gain satiating properties, so you won’t have to risk overeating these tasty snacks, making them a guilt-free pleasure.
Although they are sweet and DELICIOUS and do possess a certain amount of sugar, they are still healthy primarily due to the ragi flour and khoya used in its preparation. It has extremely dense source of energy.
The best part is that these laddus will be thoroughly enjoyed by kids and adults as well. There is a traditional charm about this recipe that makes it appeal to everyone.
Here is the recipe of rich and healthy Laddu…
Category : Sweet, Laddu
Cuisine : South Indian
Author : Jyo
Yields : 20 laddus
INGREDIENTS : (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 200 gms khoya/milk solids
- 1 and 1/2 cup ragi flour/finger millet flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 3 tbsp broken cashews
- 1 tbsp ghee for roasting cashews
- 1/2 tsp cardomom powder (optional)
1. Roast cashews in a small saucepan and keep it aside.
2. Heat a pan and add crumbled khoya.
3. Roast it on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Then transfer to a wide bowl.
5. Heat and melt the ghee in the same pan, add ragi flour.
6. Now lower the flame, roast it. At first it looks like a mass. Keep stirring continuously.
7. After roasting for 6 to 7 minutes, ghee oozes out, stir for 1 minute, at this stage, remove from the heat.
8. Then immediately transfer to the bowl in which khoya is added.
9. Let the mixture cool completely. Now add powdered sugar, nuts and cardomom powder.
10. Mix and knead well with your hand.
11 & 12. Start making laddus.
13. Healthy and DELICIOUS laddus are ready.
Make sure to use ragi flour of good quality.
Use branded khoya, I used Milky Mist khova.
You can replace the sugar with Jaggery.
Roasting the flour on low flame is KEY to get perfect laddus.
Adjust the sugar quantity according to your taste.
If you feel the laddu mixture is dry and not holding the shape, add little melted ghee.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.