Truffles are one of my very favorite little desserts to make…rich bites of cinnamon-y goodness.These are a sensuous delights, just one bite of these spherically shaped silky smooth, cream chocolate ganache confections can send me to Chocolate Heaven😉.
The process of making these truffles is super easy and pretty sensuous, actually. They are totally a guilty indulgence.
Here I added an interesting ingredient to this recipe ie chilli powder, yeah u heard me right. Don’t be afraid of spice, really it’s so so good. Not only you get the rich flavour of chocolate but also a pleasant hint of spice at the back of your throat, really it’s a lovely experience but not a visual experience. You need to pop one of these spicy truffles into your mouth to really get it.
They are typically coated in chocolate or rolled in nuts or seeds, unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut or grated chocolate. Here I used nuts and cocoa powder for coating the truffles.
Category : Dessert
Cuisine : French
Author : Jyo
Yields : 20 to 25
INGREDIENTS : (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups finely chopped semi sweet or dark chocolate
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
Your choice of coloured sprinkles, nuts, seeds, chocolate gratings, unsweetened cocoa powder, oreo dust, dried rose petals, coconut flakes.
Here i used finely chopped cashew nuts and unsweetened cocoa powder.
1. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized bowl, set aside. Heat cream, cinnamon and chilli powder in a sauce pan until small bubbles form around the edges. Remove from the heat and put over the chopped chocolate.
2. Let it sit for 3 to 4 minutes, then whisk until smooth and completely emulsified. Place in the refrigerator until firm enough to scoop (1 – 2 hours).
3. Using a table spoon or melon baller or small icecream scooper, scoop out the mixture and shape into balls (slightly dampened hands prevent sticking).
4. Now roll the truffles in unsweetened cocoa powder or nuts or sprinkles or grated chocolate or coconut or whatever you like.
5. Keep chilled until ready to serve. The truffles will last for at least a month in the fridge.
Don’t use choco chips, use only chocolate bars for this recipe. I used Morde chocolate bar.
You can skip chilli powder but recommend.
You can roll the truffles with your choice of coatings.
If you guys end up whipping up any recipe from the blog, do not forget to post it on the Instagram with the hash tag #jyospassions and also check out my Instagram for regular updates