Makai Dilbahar is a North Indian delicacy, a vegetarian-friendly option and still packed with protein — what’s not to love about this.
There are wide variety of corn recipes you can find but this is my most favorite because it’s one of the easiest and most delicious curry.
- Pair it up with naan and it’s match made in heaven.
- Serve it with your choice of rice.
I reckon you should give this recipe a try and I can guarantee that you are gonna love it.
Sweetness of corn with lightly spiced and slightly creamy gravy…a perfect combination.
Here goes the recipe….
Category : Curry
Cuisine : North Indian
Author : Jyo
Servings : 6
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped spinach, tightly packed
- 1/4 boiled peas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 big tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 small capsicum
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp kitchen king masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice flour mixed with 3 tbsp water
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a kadai, temper cumin seeds until fragrant. Add chopped onions, chopped capsicum and ginger-garlic paste, saute until onions are translucent. Then add chopped spinach, cook until spinach is wilted. Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are mushy. Now add red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and kitchen king masala. Cook until everything is mixed together. Stir in corn, fresh cream, kasuri methi, salt, sugar, peas and water.
2. Mix well, cook for a minute. Add rice flour slurry. Cook again until the curry thickens and simmer for a minute. Adjust the consistency and give it a final stir. Switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
3. Serve hot with roti and your choice of rice.
Other sweetcorn recipes on the blog :
You can sub fresh cream with cashew paste.
You can also add parboiled and cubed potatoes.
Adjust the spices to suit your palate.
Vegans can use coconut cream instead of fresh cream.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.