An amazing and delicious sweet version of grilled Dulce De Leche toast.
Is this really a grilled dulce de leche ? I guess so. It sorta reminds me of French toast too. Infact I just typed that i realised as a french toast, this would be awesome. I’m going to try that next time(veg version) 🙂. Now because this toast is made of dulce de leche, apple and nuts, it definitely falls into dessert category. Wanna know how it tastes… AWESOME !
Let me paint a mental picture to get your tastebuds watering 😁. Creamy dulce de leche slathered on sweet bread slices, mellowed by grilling with a nice crunch of apple-nut filling…ohhh heaven on plate😉.
In other words, it’s a toast and dessert rolled into one. It’s a perfect, guilty pleasure and breakfast-dessert toast which is tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
You can also plop a scoop of good vanilla icecream on top of the warm toast and drizzle it with more dulce de leche and sprinkle with nuts — voila — simple and delicious.
Category : Dessert, toast
Cuisine : Global
Author : Jyo
For 2 toasts
- 4 thick slices sweet bread
- 4 tbsp of dulce de leche (store bought)
- 1/2 apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp raw brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts of your choice
- Butter for brushing
1. Gather all ingredients. Mix apple, brown sugar and nuts in a bowl, keep aside.
2. Spread dulce de leche on top of the 4 slices—1 tbsp for each slice. Place the apple mixture on two spreaded slices.
3. Close with bread slices and butter the exposed sides. Then grill on a stove-top toaster or grill pan until golden brown on each side.
4. Eat and enjoyyy…
Other grilled sandwiches on the blog :
I used Sprig branded Dulce De Leche.
Tastes best with bakery sweet loaf of bread (preferably not-cut) and make into thick slices.
You can add your choice of fruits but choose firm textured fruits.
You can sub brown sugar with cane sugar.
If apple is too sweet, skip brown sugar.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.