Malai Paneer, as the name suggests that it’s a paneer curry prepared in a fresh milk cream….RICH, LUSCIOUS, DELICIOUS, where cream brings in rich texture, while dried fenugreek leaves bring a subtle but definite flavour and the tinges of ginger-garlic add a pungent dimension to this creamy curry.
This is such an easiest and simplest recipe with minimal ingredients and without any masala powders. This curry was probably the first paneer curry that i learned to make as it was so simple yet looked elegant that it felt like an expert made it.
Whether you are hosting a party at home or just looking for easy recipes with paneer to have a delicious quick Indian dinner, it’s a perfect choice to satisfy your craving for something spicy yet cream and can chowed down with flatbreads. It is bound to be a star of the meal.
Here is the simple recipe…
Category : Curry
Cuisine : North Indian
Author : Jyo
Servings : 4
- 200 grms paneer
- 1 tbsp crushed kasuri methi
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
For paste :
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 2 big onions, chopped
- 10 green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1. Make paneer into small cubes.
2. Take a deep bottomed pan, heat butter, add ginger-garlic paste, onions, green chillies and turmeric powder. Saute until onions are translucent. Then let it cool completely and blend to a fine paste with little water.
3. Take the same pan, add oil, temper the cumin seeds, then add blended paste and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add cream, salt, sugar, paneer cubes and kasuri methi. Mix well, cook to boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Shut off the heat, garnish with coriander leaves.
4. Serve the curry hot with roti, paratha with onions and pickle.
Other Paneer dishes on the blog :
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.