Richness personified, the Anjeer Halwa is really a striking dessert made of pureed figs and khoya cooked with ghee and a little bit of sugar added to the natural sweetness of figs. The khoya and figs complement each other beautifully in flavour while the ghee gives very luxuriant mouth-feel and flavour to this halwa. Every spoonful of this luscious dessert will be truly memorable and absolutely a WINNER recipe.
This decadent and rich sweet dish is surprisingly easy to make. Since it is such a simple recipe, this halwa is perfect for any occasion or festival.
Satiate and indulge your sweet tooth with this melt-in-your-mouth dessert.
Here is the recipe :
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Dessert, Halwa
Author : Jyo
Makes 3 servings
- 20 dried anjeer/figs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp khoya/milk solids
- 4 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped cashews
1. Soak dried figs in hot boiling water for half an hour. Then drain figs using a strainer and blend them to a coarse and thick paste with 3 to 4 tbsp of water.
2. Heat 3 tbsp of ghee in a thick bottomed pan or non stick pan. Add nuts, cook for a minute. Then add pureed figs, mix well and cook on low-medium flame for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
3. Now add sugar and khoya. Mix and combine well. Cook for a couple of minutes. It gets slightly thickened.
4. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee, mix, cook for a minute and switch off.
5. Spoon the halwa in serving bowls and serve warm. Take it to the next level with a scoop of vanilla icecream.
Other Halwa recipes on the blog….
Green Papaya Halwa in Green Papaya Recipes
Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
You can make this halwa with fresh figs too.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.