Got a leftover pint of ice cream in your freezer ? Put it to good use with this easy cookie recipe that will satisfy those sweet cravings all day long. What could be sweeter than baking the cutest heart shaped cookies for your Valentine ?😊. Cookies are the way to everyone’s heart…am I right ? These heart shaped cookies are the ultimate treat for Valentine’s Day ❣️.
Making them requires the most basic stuff of fridge and pantry staples. It’s also extremely quick and easy to throw together and these taste delicious…is also fun to jazz up with nuts or sprinkles.
They are great for packaging and giving as gifts and they can be made in advance. So make something sweet for your loved ones like these festive treats, they are sure to be appreciated by all.
Category : Cookies
Cuisine : Global
Yields : 25 medium sized cookies
For whisking :
- 1/2 cup melted vanilla icecream
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp soft unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Dry ingredients :
- 1 and 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fine semolina (chiroti rava)
- 1/2 cup choco chips
For topping :
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped almonds
1. Whisk the ‘whisking ingredients’ well and slightly fluffy.
2. Add-in dry ingredients, mix with spatula and make a dough like consistency (like chapati dough). Chill out for 1 hour in refrigerator.
3. After 1 hour remove the cookie dough from refrigerator, roll the dough into 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many shapes as you can. Top with chopped almonds. Meanwhile preheat the oven and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies are set and the edges turn brown.
5. Cool the cookies completely and store in an air tight container.
You might also like….
Allow the melted icecream to set at room temperature.
Make sure to chill out the dough at least for 1 hour.
Cookie dough can be frozen for up to one month ; thaw in the refrigerator before using.
You can use any flavoured icecream.
You can also add any nuts of your choice.
Baking time may vary from oven to oven…so keep an eye while baking the cookies.