Halwa with POTATO !! You heard it right…and I bet your eyes are popped out looking at this😉😀. It may sound unusual and unique, but believe me, you ll be glad when you do try it out.
Preparing this halwa is very painless and it only requires a few ingredients ie ghee + sugar + mashed potatoes + some chopped nuts.
I wasn’t very fond of this when I was little but now this is one of my favorite dessert. This is a very undemanding, easy and gluten-free dessert. Well, I certainly don’t think that any potato lovers out there need any excuse for cooking this halwa. But still need a reason, then the following should help…
- You can make it in a jiffy if you have sudden guests coming over.
- You can make it when you have a sudden cravings for something sweet.
- This also makes a perfect falahari sweet recipe during fasts.
I bet you would never believe it when you eat it though😊. This is a decadent and guaranteed dessert to satisfy the pickiest of dessert eaters. Serve this halwa warm and you’ll get many requests in seconds😉.
Have a look at the recipe…
Category : Dessert
Cuisine : Indian
Yields : 2 to 3 nos
- 1 cup cooked and mashed potato (1 big potato)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 to 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts of your choice
1. Fry the nuts in ghee and set aside.
2. Pressure cook the potato in enough water, peel the skin and mash without any lumps while hot itself.
3. Add sugar, mix well.
4. Now cook the mixture until the sugar melts…it hardly takes 1 min…keep stirring it. As the sugar melts, immediately add the ghee and nut mixture, stir for just a minute and switch off the flame.
5. That’s it…very easy peasy…but super delicious, serve it warm, I am damn sure you ll love it.
You might even like
Ellavre (Hyacinth Beans Halwa) – Avrekalu Delicacies
Add ghee as much as you can because ghee makes the Halwa more rich.
Stir it continuously otherwise the Halwa get burnt and spoil your dish.
Always cook on low to medium flame.
As the halwa looks little runny at first, once it cools…turns into halwa consistency.
Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.