It doesn’t get much better than a warm slice of Cheesy Garlic Bread straight from the oven. Perfect for dipping in marinara sauce or serving as a side to all your favorite pastas and soups.
This bread is so good I had a hard time knowing when to stop ! I wanted to just keep reaching for slice after slice. Cheesyyy… Garlickyyy… Carbyyy…. Deliciousness !
This is a versatile recipe, you can swap out the cheese listed for others that you like, just use any good melting cheese. You can use fresh fresh garlic for a more robust flavour or the granulated garlic for a more mellow flavour.
This garlic bread can pretty much be made with any kind of bread but I love to make it with Baguette bread or even French bread. You can pick these up at the bakery of your local grocery store and in just a few minutes you can have a tasty, cheesy bread. You can never go wrong with bread and cheese together…am I right ?
Here the recipe goes…
Category : snack
Cuisine : Italian
- Baguette bread or French loaf
For garlic cheese spread : (for 8 to 9 slices)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp of softened butter
- 1/4 cup grated processed or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozarella cheese
- 8 pods of crushed fresh garlic or 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped capsicum (optional)
- 3 pitted olives, sliced
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley (optional)
For garlic oil :
(for brushing the slices)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic pods, crushed
Mix the oil and crushed garlic, keep it aside.
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Take all the above spread ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a fork. Keep it aside.
3. Cut the baguette bread into slices of 1/2 inch thickness.
4. Brush garlic oil on both the sides of bread slices. Then spoon and spread the cheese garlic spread mix evenly on slices.
5. Now bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly or till the bread turns crisp from edges and bottom. That’s it…Cheesy Garlicky Breads are ready. Serve them warm with marinara sauce on the side if you wish or as is. Either way, these are crazy delicious.
You might like
Keep an eye to prevent burning while baking.
You can use any type of bread.
You can use any type of cheese but mozarella is mandatory.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.