This white sauce pasta is a perfect melange of aromatic flavours and creamy pasta. With its silky and smoothy texture, it’s a guaranteed way to delight your tastebuds.
The most important aspect of this dish is the white sauce, which the French call it as the Bechamel Sauce. This white sauce is few of the basic sauces used by French and Italians for many dishes.
Its creamy texture adds wonders to the pasta. Delve in the taste of creamy pasta and you can quickly prepare without putting much efforts.
All you need to do is just stir fry the vegetables, prepare white sauce, add boiled pasta and spice it up with herbs. This makes a perfect brunch recipe as it is simple as well as exotic. Serve pasta on its own or with soup and garlic bread.
I assure you that once make this for your family, you are going to become the star of your kitchen😉 and this white sauce pasta is a super hit with kids as well.
Cuisine : Italian
Yields : 2 servings
- 1 cup penne pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of chopped red capsicum
- 2 tbsp of chopped yellow capsicum
- 2 tbsp of chopped green capsicum
- A fist of sweet corn
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of mixed Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp of crushed pepper
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes
- 3 pitted black olives, sliced
For white sauce :
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of all-purpose-flour(maida)
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp grated cheese (optional)
Boil pasta with enough water and salt, then run over cold water, drain and keep aside.
Chop all the veggies.
Method for sauteing the veggies :
Heat oil, add ginger garlic paste, saute for few seconds, add onions, all bell peppers and sweet corn. Saute till they are half cooked about 3 to 4 minutes. Then add red chilli flakes, oregano, mixed herbs and pepper powder. Mix, turn off the flame, transfer to a bowl and keep it aside.
1. Heat the same pan, melt the butter, add all-purpose-flour. Saute the flour for a minute, then add milk, stir continuously. It turns thick, then add grated cheese, let it melt.
2. Then add boiled pasta, sauteed veggies, sliced olives and salt. Mix and once come to boil, turn off the heat.
3. Serve hot on its own or with soup and garlic bread.
You can also try Macroni Pasta in spicy Arrabiata Sauce which is on my blog.
You can make use of any pastas like macaroni, farfelle, fusilli, linguine, rotini etc.
You can add your choice of veggies like zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms etc.
Saute maida till it forms a lump free paste and be quick to whisk or else there will be lumps in sauce.
You can use whole wheat pasta to make it healthier and kid friendly.
You can also add a few hand cut pieces of fresh basil leaves.
You can adjust the thickness of of white sauce according to your taste.
Tastes best when served hot.
Before using leftover pasta, reheat it with 1/4 cup of milk.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.