As usually, when it comes to my favourite summer produce, i do a lot of experimenting. I know corn can be enjoyed a gazillion ways. And to be honest it was hard to pick a favourite way making these. I tried it vegan with no cheese and still loved it.
With these corn patties, you get best of both worlds, it’s crispy on the outside and soft inside. I think they would be a great way to sneak sweet corn into your pickier eaters diet.
This is one of my favourite patties, once you bite, you would taste the sweetness of sweet corn and a spice hit by green chillies. The combination of corn, chillies and mint leaves is just out of the world.
Made from handy ingredients, a quick and easy recipe. It makes a delicious, healthy and perfect snack for your kiddos.
Relish it as your tea time snack or a starter or a patty for a burger, the choice is yours.But in any way, i am sure that everyone would love it. Well, let’s move to the recipe…
Category : snack
Cuisine : Indian
Author : Jyo
- 1 cup of sweet corn kernels
- 5 slices of brown bread
- 1 big onion chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp of aniseeds(optional)
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp of coriander powder
- 4 tbsp of finely cut mint leaves
- 4 tbsp of finely cut coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp of chilli paste
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- Salt as required
- Dry bread crumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
1. Boil the sweet corn kernels with little salt, drain water completely and blend into a coarse paste.
2. Make bread slices into pieces and powder them in a blender.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add aniseeds and onions. Saute for a minute.
4. Now add chilli paste and gingergarlic paste. Saute for a minute.
5. Now add ground corn, all the above said powders, salt and mix well for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame. And remove from fire. Let it allow to cool completely.
6. Then add corriander and mint leaves, give a nice mix and add bread crumbs. Mix well to form a tight dough.
7. Refrigerate this dough for one hour. Then it forms a little more tight dough. Now take small portions, make lemon sized balls, press like cutlets and roll them over bread crumbs. Shallow fry in a frying pan using enough oil until it turns golden brown on both sides.
8. Serve hot with garlic sauce or coriander yogurt dip or ketchup.
Other sweet corn recipes on the blog…
These are soft patties. Crispy out and soft in.
Make sure to add bread crumbs to the completely cooled sweet corn mixture otherwise it becomes mushy.
You can store the patties (after rolling over bread crumbs) in the freezer up to 15 to 20 days. Whenever you wish, you can shallow fry and enjoy them.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.
HAPPY COOKING…. JYO