Mango is a famous fruit and it can be twisted in different ways. I am pretty sure that it is the most favourite fruit of majority of population. Even though it is the best consumed ripe and fresh as a whole fruit by itself, we do use it in umpteen number of ways because it’s so versatile.
If you are ready to explore this fruit, try this delicious halwa made with mango puree, sugar, milk and garnished with nuts. It’s an interesting dessert recipe that people of all age group would love.
Off to the recipe….
- 6 mangoes (i used raspuri mangoes)
- 1/2 litre whole milk(boiled and chilled at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar or as required
- chopped almonds for garnishing
1. Wash and peel the mangoes.
2. Squeeze the mango with your hands to get the pulp.
3. Add sugar, blend with your fingers to get a coarse pulp.
4. Then add milk, mix well.
5. Now heat the above mixture, let it boil and low the flame. Let the mixture reduced to halwa consistency. Keep stirring the pulp. It takes nearly 45 minutes. Lastly garnish with chopped almonds and enjoy.
6. You can refrigerate and can enjoy it for 10 to 12 days.
Make sure the mangoes are sweet, otherwise milk will curdle.
Tastes best with raspuri mangoes and you can use alphonso mangoes too.
Don’t blend the mangoes in a blender. Tastes best in coarse pulp. So use your clean hands.
Add sugar first, let it melt and then add milk and heat the mixture.
It’s time consuming process, but worth of it.
A word of caution though, you need to keep stirring the pulp, otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pan.
Tastes best when refrigerated.
Just with 3 ingredients we will have a rich, delectable and wonderful dessert.
Stay connected with me on Instagram for regular updates.
HAPPY COOKING…. JYO